Sunday, November 13, 2011

So I Did

I made another Kell pendant and thoroughly enjoyed it again.
I used these large faceted teardrop beads which are quite a bit longer than the slender oval beads I ususally use.
A couple of months ago I tried using beads the same length but more zaftig, and they didn't work well as they crowded each other so badly that the shape of the pendant was compromised. Even though these teardrop beads are rather heavy in the botty department, they actually do work as their largest circumference is nicely balanced by 8mm beads which you can see in the upper part of the picture below (the brown beads encircled by grey-blue-green seed beads).
Because the teardrops are so much longer than the oval beads, I had to add extra seed beads and a rondelle between the narrow end and the fat end, but I think it still works.

I really like having options to vary the beads like this.

No comments: