Monday, October 18, 2010

I Don't Know What To Put Here

This time next week I'll be among my tribe, basking in the glow of SOAR goodness, not thinking about my plumbing issues. (No, it's not fixed. Yes, it's probably much, much worse, thanks for asking. No, I'm not in the mood. Why yes, I am glad I'm only paying for one college tuition this year, because jeeez!)

In the Good News Department, the Amy Sale was rather good for me, new Macbook good, and even when it was over, it wasn't quite over, because a few sales came with orders for matching earrings, so I got busy.
(One earring sale came with an order for a matching necklace; it's in the queue).
I'm quite charmed by these earrings, a variation on a style I was obsessing with a few months ago. The colours help too. Not my usual palette, but I am capable of breaking out once in a while.

I'm really glad I did the last-minute beading for the sale, because both new necklaces from my last post sold.

And then I made a bunch of earrings because I'm going to need them Real Soon Now.
Since I'm teaching tomorrow, I also had to work up some samples for the instructions.
And if the sale wasn't full of enough goodness, I finally managed to get rid of the bad-juju Ott light given to me by a not-missed-at-all ex that's been brooding in a basement closet. It's probably the cause of my plumbing woes. No, I didn't toss it in a dumpster (for one, those fancy bulbs probably need all kinds of special recycling), but managed to exchange it for actual money.

And my kitten's Squinty Eye Syndrome (officially Horner's Syndrome) is improving, not that it appears to have bothered her. She's as insanely cute as ever. (My daughter wondered exactly when we'd get over our obsession with the kitten. A friend thought it might be a few years yet).

But wait! There's more! I finished my raspberry sweater with probably ten grams of yarn to spare (but no picture yet).

For the first time in I-don't-know-how-long, I have only one item for the SOAR gallery, and it's not even slightly impressive - just a utilitarian sweater. The yarn is delicious, but still. I don't think I'll be able to complete anything gut-wrenchingly spectacular in the days before I leave, even with the bonus of being a passenger rather than the driver, and having those extra knitting hours.

Eh, I'll live.

No comments: