Thursday, September 11, 2008

Still Not Quite Right

The colours are lovely (though IRL not quite as bright), aren't they? Sort of Noro-esque, except we're talking three-ply merino-tencel, not singles. And the multiple colourways, each from handpainted rovings, have a dreaminess to them, which you're not believing, given the over-saturation of the picture but trust me, they blend better.

And the edging, which you can barely see, is my new favourite thing, and goes like this:

Row 1: k1, from behind k the 2nd st on the LH needle, then k the 1st st, slip them both off, k1.
Row 2: k1, p the 2nd st on the LH needle (from the front, purling form behind is one of those insanely impossible things like licking your elbow which it seems obvious that you ought to be able to do, and yet the actual doing proves surprisingly awkward), p the 1st st, slip them both off, k1.

It makes a handsome yet understated corded column and I have Plans for it.

The problem at hand though, is sizing. The long edge is about 10" short of its goal, which will result in a neck hole suitable for only a pinhead which I am not.

I'm seriously not in the mood to rip it out and start again, and I'm pretty determined not to change my mind in terms of design, and I think I have a solution (which does involve ripping but doesn't require any more measuring and calculations, not that I'm incapable, just not in the mood) but I really don't want to have to start all over again.

I have to though.

No comments: