Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fifty-Fifty

 I did what I wanted and not what I should have and I'm not entirely sorry.

This little whirling pentagon isn't quite ready for prime time, but it's a perfectly decent start. The bezel of the rivoli is almost right, but I chose my bead colours poorly, but the thingies at the end of each arm could do with a better idea.
 This thing though?
Eh. I'd cut it up if right angle weave wasn't such a bitch to take apart. Actually, I might do it anyway because this is just ugly no matter how you look at it.

I finally finished the cardigan that I might just get a chance to wear before the weather gets altogether too warm for it.
Bad picture, sorry. The time went off as I was adjusting and believe it or not this was the best of twelve pictures. Also the sleeves really are the same length: I'd just reached for the camera button and didn't have a chance to adjust it back down.

Pictures aside, I'm more or less pleased with it, but if I were the sort of person who did more in the way of swatching (and in this instance I kinda wish I were that sort of person), I'd have considered a bit more carefully how much that type of ribbing (knit 3, purl 1 both rows; offset) can or should be blocked, and I might have tried to shape the shawl collar a bit more and I might have been a bit more measured and less seat-of-the-pants about the row gauge of the cable versus the cardigan body because all these factors do conspire to make the fronts a little short, but I already completely redid the front ribbing and I just don't feel like doing that again as well as the cab;e, though really, perhaps I should.

I might not though.

No comments: