Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pairs of Finished Things

At SOAR, someone asked me to make a pair of earrings just like the ones I was wearing, only bright aqua with gold or copper. I bet she doesn't remember!

I didn't finish the necklace that these earrings match, but all the same I'm pleased that the central motif of the necklace translates well to earrings.

I wish cubic right angle weave wasn't so slow because I have about a gabillion variations on the afore mentioned necklace want to try, and at this rate I'll be eighty before I can get to them. I have started on one of them though.

And then samples for Tuesday's class. The pictures I'd taken for the instructions are just too monochromatic, and I needed better contrast so that you can actually see what's going on. I think they're not horribly unattractive even so.

I finally finished the socks I was working on, and I guess there's a lesson. When the instructions say to block the socks before wearing them, that should be a dead giveaway that there's something funky about the shaping. Apparently I am (a) too enamoured of my own ability to get things right and (b) too trusting that something that looks good in a picture will actually work well on a real foot.

On the plus side, I can get back to sweaters. Or the gloves on the backlog.

 

No comments: