Sunday, December 4, 2011

Always Again

No sooner is a class over when another deadline is imminent.

I'm more or less decided on my class proposals for February through May at Lady Bug Beads, but I still need to complete samples for the case in the store, so I spent a little post-class time beading.

This is a mostly right angle weave chain with beaded bead accents filled with garden variety glass marbles. Since the beaded beads are solid glass, you probably don't want a full length of beaded beads as it might be a bit heavy, even though it doesn't look that way, but the rest of the chain repeats part of the motif for continuity.

There's a version of this that makes a pendant (beading around a marble) or a lariat end, and I think for the first time, instead of trying to cover both variations in one two-hour class, I'll simply offer a class for each version. That way, people who prefer small projects can do the lariat/pendant version, and those who enjoy bigger projects can do the chain version.

I hope it works out.

No comments: