Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Just Can't Stop

So if button flowers (or flower buttons, whatever they're called) work in my newest little pendant, surely the right size teardrop beads (with the right length hole) should work too?
Yup.

I used leopardskin jasper beads which turned out to have slightly different proportions to the fire-polished beads I used in previous versions, so I had to adjust some of the seed bead counts, adding in some size 15s, which I think improves it. I'd love to replace all the 11s with 15s, but there are so many thread passes that it may not be possible.

I just love the achievable texture in this petite medallion (it's less than 2" across, more like 1.5").

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

I love the texture you achieved with this! And that you used the leopardskin jasper...think gemstones are sadly neglected and do so well with seed beads!