Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Goodie Bag Goodness

Yarn The Left was spun from one of my carded Goodie Bag samples and is insanely soft (I'm thinking that cashmere, baby alpaca and the like may have had something to do with that), while Yarn The Right was an actual Goodie Bag sample from SOAR 2010; I believe from Ashford (credit where credit is due and all that).
Very generous sample, I might add: a little bag with three coils of coordinating rovings, two solids and a stripe. I attenuated them all together as one, resulting in a pretty tweedy yarn. Due to the combined bounty of other people with less interest in small amounts than I, and the table of stuff marked "FREE" upstairs from the registration desk, I also have a few purple sets and I believe a pink/red set.

Even though I'm not about to leave for SOAR Any Day Now and therefore do not need a stash of party favours, it turns out that if you don't have time to really settle in and get some serious beading done, you can scratch the itch by making earrings.
Turns out that I have quite a few odd pairs of beads lying about, whether due to direct purchase, such as the vaguely cheetah-like beads in the earrings below, or free gifts or leftovers.
There are quite a few fringey earrings in my future, as it turns out.

Also some more of these because I just like them and also because as I alluded to last post, I have quite the collection of appropriate stone rondelles. These are some sort of jasper, I believe, probably some made-up name which is why I can't remember what they're called, but are interesting nonetheless, being mostly streaky black on a pinkish-terracotta background. Still to come: olive quote jade unquote, Russian serpentine, new jade (which is probably not jade), and pink aventurine.

No comments: