Friday, November 5, 2010

Back in the Swing

Always weak for the Chinese crystal, especially when the round beads have Even More Facets, I had to make yet another Fauxbergé pendant, especially after teaching it on Tuesday evening.
I'm not sure whether or not I love the cranberry splashes, but perhaps the necklace for this bead can highlight the colour. Either way, I'm not that enamoured, especially as the awfully pricey gold seed beads I've been saving for a special occasion really suck. They cost about four times of what I'd normally regard as higher-end seeds, and yet they're horribly uneven (some are very donutty, while others are decidedly cylindrical) with impossibly small holes, and the whole experience has rather soured me.

To cheer myself up, and also because I found these mother of pearl beads while looking for something else, I decided to try a chain based on a double tetradedral shape. It works, but it's a bit plain.
Much better with the addition of gorgeous crystal and metallic seed beads, but now I'm out of the mother of pearl (I cut up version one) with no idea where I bought them, and my chain is too long for a bracelet and not long enough for a necklace and I don't have enough silver chain just lying around so all I have is a useless length of something interesting and I wonder what other beads would work well here.
A productive week (not): two incompletes.

No comments: